ABOUT US: Smith Pump Company, Inc. is a leading supplier and manufacturer of pump products and services for the water, wastewater, and industrial markets in Texas and Oklahoma. Since 1962, the Company has been providing products and services to these industries in a friendly and professional manner.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Senior Project Manager has in-depth knowledge and exceptional skill in planning, organizing, leading and controlling complex projects efficiently and effectively. Has a proven record of success in previous projects. Ensures that project execution is aligned with strategy, mission, values and ethics of Smith Pump. Performs design, engineering, estimating, project management and purchasing activities for new pump systems. Identifies innovative solutions and approaches to execution and delivers projects on time, and within resource and budget constraints. Examines ways to support customer needs while meeting business objectives, Stays engaged with operations throughout the process. Provides coaching and mentorship to team members about every aspect of the project so that team members can fully understand their tasks and act efficiently.
SCOPE: The Company’s Project Management Group is responsible for meeting project requirements while ensuring that quality goods and services are supplied on time and on budget. To fulfill this task, the department must evaluate design requirements, forecast costs, and oversee production.
- Five(5) years job experience with Project Management within pump or utility construction industry
- Strong organizational structure
- Good verbal and written communication
- Deliberative decision making
- Ability to set and maintain deadlines
- Experience working in accounting software with Projects, Sales Orders, Purchase Orders, Inventory, and Scheduling
- The ability to maintain good relationships with fellow employees and customers
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or 10 to 15 years of equivalent industry experience
- Licensed P.E. by the Texas Board of Professional Engineers
- Project Management Certification
INCOME(1): Up to $95,000 (based on qualifications)
OTHER BENEFITS(2): Paid vacation, paid sick leave, paid employee medical and dental insurance, 401k, profit sharing and Cafeteria 125 plan.
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: The job functions above describe expected work to be performed by the employee with this job title. We reserve the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform essential functions. This job description is not intended to be the entire definition of the position, but instead it is meant to provide a general description.
Smith Pump Company, Inc. is a regional supplier and manufacturer with four (4) physical locations and about 70 employees in Texas. The company works primarily in Texas and Oklahoma. Smith Pump Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, marital status, and all other categories protected by federal, state, or local law.
(1) Total represents annual salary wages, monthly commission, and bonus. Salary may vary with experience. Bonus payment to be based on achieving project management performance objectives.
(2) Certain restrictions apply.
Leave a comment